Hiking at Fish Lake
Close to Whitehorse but still in the middle of the wilderness.
Our day hike at Fish Lake takes us through the traditional area of the Kwanlin Dün First Nations. At an altitude of 1420 m or 800 m above Whitehorse we start our hike on the Fish Lake Trail.
After about 45 minutes we reach the tree line and have a wonderful view over Fish Lake. We follow a windy path across the east side to a flat ridge and climb a gentle slope to the summit. Here we will have our lunch and enjoy the panoramic view of Fish Lake and the Bonneville Lakes on the other side.
This approx. 7 km hike is classified as easy to medium. The elevation is 325 m.
What is included:
- Lead by an experienced hiking guide
- Transportation from Whitehorse to Fish Lake & back
- Guided day hike at Fish Lake – 6 hours
- Lunch package including soft drinks
Shuttle from Hotel to Yukon Wide Adventures & back
Emergency equipment including Satellite communication
What to bring:
- For this hiking trip, we recommend that you dress in comfortable clothes with sturdy shoes. A light windbreaker is always useful to keep in your bag.
- The hike at Fish Lake is offered every day over the summer month.
(advance booking advisable)
- Daily downtown Whitehorse departures at 10:00 am
- Length: approximately 6.0 hours
Price: $275 per person
All prices are in Canadian dollars plus 5% GST.