More than a hundred years ago, First Nations and trappers used snowshoes to travel in the winter. Join us on one of our guided snowshoe trips through the deeply snow covered winter landscape of the Yukon and experience the origin of snowshoe hiking.
Quietly we walk through the loose powder snow and enjoy the silence and loneliness. The bizarre shapes of the snowy winter forest in this original landscape make this tour an unforgettable experience.
What is included:
- Lead by an experienced guide
- Shuttle from Whitehorse to Pilot Mountain and back
- Half day snow shoe trip – 4 hours
- Equipment – snow shoes
- Snacks and hot drinks
- Shuttle from Hotel to Yukon Wide Adventures & back
- Emergency equipment including Satellite communication
- Winter clothing (This can be rented from us – prior reservation is recommended)
- Offered every day over the winter months
(advanced booking advisable)
- Daily downtown Whitehorse departures at 10:00 am
- Length: half day approx. 4 hours
Price: $195 per person – half day
All prices are in Canadian dollars plus 5% GST.