Ice Fishing Experience
Discover a favorite activity of the Yukon – ice fishing!
Enjoy with us a winter day outside Whitehorse – on the beautiful Jackson Lake. Surrounded by the landscape of the Ibex Mountains, we will enjoy a wonderful panorama.
We pick you up at your accommodation in Whitehorse and drive to our area at Jackson Lake. We will choose a beautiful sunny place on the lake and your guide will instruct you in ice fishing.
In order for us to catch our fish, we must first scoop the snow and drill a hole through the thick ice. Everyone gets their own special rod and can try ice fishing. Of course, if you catch a fish it can be taken with you!
What is included:
- Lead by an experienced guide
- Shuttle from Whitehorse to Jackson Lake and back
- Half day Icefishing under instructions – 3 hours
- Equipment (Fishing rod, bait, etc.)
- Yukon Fishing License
- Snacks and hot drinks
- Shuttle from Hotel to Yukon Wide Adventures & back
- Emergency equipment including Satellite communication
- Winter clothing (This can be rented from us – prior reservation is recommended)
- Offered every day over the winter months
(advanced booking advisable)
- Daily downtown Whitehorse departures at 11:00 am
- Length: half day approx. 3 hours
Price: $175 per person – half day
All prices are in Canadian dollars plus 5% GST.