Historic Yukon River Canoe TripMarsh Lake via Miles Canyon to Whitehorse
Our historic Yukon River canoe trip starts at Marsh Lake and leads us along old routes of the goldseekers past numerous historic sites. A quick stop in Canyon City illustrates what the adventurers in 1898, on their way to the gold, took on themselves.
Shortly before the end of our tour we cross the Miles Canyon. At its time, one of the notorious rapids of the Yukon, the end of many dreams of striking it rich. With the construction of the dam in Whitehorse (to generate electricity), Miles Canyon was harmonized and there is no more danger of paddling through it.
We pick you up at your accommodation in Whitehorse in the morning and then drive for about 30 minutes. On the Alaska Highway to Marsh Lake Bridge, where we begin our canoe trip on the Yukon River.
After a short instruction from your guide, we will step into the canoes and paddle down the famous Yukon River to Schwatka Lake in Whitehorse. Half-way through, we make a generous lunch break.
What is included:
- Lead by an experienced canoe guide
- 1 day guided canoe trip from Marsh Lake to Schwatka Lake in Whitehorse
- Transportation to the Yukon River & back
- Canoe for 2 people inclusive paddles, life jackets, bailer & sponge
(Kayak upon request)
- Waterproof bag for personal gear
- Lunch package including soft drinks
Shuttle from Hotel to Yukon Wide Adventures & back
Emergency equipment including Satellite communication
What to bring:
- For this canoe trip, we recommend that you dress in comfortable clothes with sport shoes. A light windbreaker is always useful to keep in your bag.
- The historical Yukon River canoe trip is offered every day over the summer month.
(advance booking advisable)
- Daily downtown Whitehorse departures at 10:00 am
- Length: approximately 6.0 hours
Price: $250 per person
All prices are in Canadian dollars plus 5% GST.