Yukon River - Fly-in and enjoy !You will join one of the shortest, but most beautiful canoe trips down the Yukon river.
Lower Laberge to Carmacks, 217 km / 6 days
One of the shortest, but most beautiful canoe trips on the Yukon River awaits you.
We fly with the float plane from Whitehorse to the end of Lake Laberge. This part of the Yukon, also known as “30 Mile River”, is the most beautiful section on the Yukon River and is one of its kind. Clear water, good fishing opportunities and lots of historic remains waiting for your exploration.
Away from civilization we experience the wilderness up close; Camps in untouched nature, stories from the goldrush at the evenning camp fire, and perhaps we have the great fortune to observe a grizzly or moose bull with its powerful shovels on the shore.
Your guide will pick you up in Whitehorse in the morning. We start our tour with a drive to the float plane base at Schwatka Lake above Whitehorse. We load all of our gear in the plane and then we are ready for “take off”.
We fly approx. 30 minutes along the Yukon river and Lake Laberge before we reach Lower Laberge, the starting point of our canoe trip.
Once there, we set up our camp and then explored the historical relics of the once important trading post.
Day 2 to 6:
After a real Canadian wilderness breakfast we start our canoe trip down the Yukon river. Our first stage leads us along the 30 Mile River to Hootalingua, the confluence from the Teslin and Yukon River. Here we also have the opportunity for a short hike of the surrounding mountains, with a magnificent panorama over the river delta.
In the following days we experience the wilderness in our own camps, collecting wood for the evening camp fire and have time for some fishing. A freshly caught fish is always a welcome addition to our menu.
After five days in the bush we reach Carmacks, the end point of our canoe trip. With the drive back on the Klondike Highway to Whitehorse we finish our tour and say “good bye”.
Services included in price:
- 6 days tour from/to Whitehorse
- English speaking guide
- Guided tour in small groups from 2 to 12 people
- All overnight fees (wilderness camps)
- Overnight stays in two people Dome Tent incl. Therm-A-Rest mats
- All camping and outdoor equipment provided
- 6 days guided canoe trip on the Yukon River
- Canoe for two people incl. 3 paddles, 2 life jackets, sponge and bailer
- All meals during the tour
- All transportations
- Emergency equipment including Satellite communication
- Air fare to/from Whitehorse
- All hotel meals and during the transportation
- Alcoholic drinks
- Personal expenses and tips
- Sleeping bag
- Fishing License
- Travel and cancellation Insurance
|June to mid of September||$1,750 CAD||Anytime|
Single tent supplement: $120.00 CAD
All prices are in Canadian dollars plus 5% GST.