Chilkoot Trail TourFollowing the steps of the “stampeders” over the Chilkoot Pass.
Skagway / Dyea to Lake Bennett, 53 km / 8 Days
We will take the historic train from White Pass & Yukon Route railway over the White Pass to Skagway.
After a short shuttle to the trail head in Dyea, we start our 5 day trekking tour on the legendary Chilkoot Trail. We only carry what we need during those days. The rest of our luggage will remain in Whitehorse in our hotel.
We follow the Trail, which was crossed by more than 100 000 men und women, explorers and thieves, who ventured to the goldfields in the Klondike in the late 1890s. The Chilkoot Pass towers 1,150 meters high above the ocean. We will experience some of the struggles those adventurers had to put up with on their way to the Klondike.
After five days hiking, we reach Lake Bennett, the end point of the Chilkoot Trail. We fly back to Whitehorse with a float plane and have a chance to see this unique landscape from the bird`s-eye view.
Your guide will greet you at the Whitehorse Airport and transfer you to your hotel. After the check-in we will meet for a tour briefing, discuss your trip details and get prepared for the hike.
In the morning we take the bus from White Pass & Yukon Route and drive to Fraser, the US border to Alaska, where we board the historic train over the White Pass to Skagway. Within a few hours, we will experience multiple eco-zones: alpine meadows, boreal forests and costal rainforests.
In Skagway we have some time for sight seeing before we take a shuttle to Dyea, the trail head of the Chilkoot Trail.
For the night we will camp at the foot of the trail.
Day 3 to 7:
In the early morning we start our hike on the Chilkoot Trail.
The first day we take it easy and hike a shorter distance to the camp at Canyon City. The next days we hike to Sheep Camp before we climb up over the “Golden Stairs” and Chilkoot Pass to Happy Camp in the Yukon.
On day four we hike along Long Lake to the beautiful camp at Bare Loon Lake. Our last day on the Chilkoot Trail brings us to Lake Bennett.
At Lake Bennett we have some time to look at the remains from the Klondike Goldrush bevor we fly back in the early afternoon to Whitehorse by float plane.
Arriving in Whitehorse we check in for the last night in our hotel.
Transfer from your hotel to the Whitehorse Airport and say “good bye”.
What is included:
- Whitehorse Airport shuttle
- 8 day trip from/to Whitehorse
- English speeking guide
- Guided tour in small groups from 4 to 8 people
- All overnight fees (2 x hotel, 5 x camping in tents)
- Overnight stays in two people Dome tent incl. Therm-A-Rest mat
- All camping and outdoor equipment
- 5 day trekking tour on the Chilkoot Trail
- All National Park permits and fees
- Drive with the historic White Pass & Yukon Route Railway
- Flight back to Whitehorse with a float plane
- All meals during the hiking trip
- All transportations
- Emergency equipment including Satellite communication
- Air fare to/from Whitehorse
- All hotel meals and during the transportation
- Alcoholic drinks
- Personal expenses and tips
- Sleeping bag
- Back Pack
- Fishing License
- Travel and cancellation Insurance
|23.06.2019 to 30.06.2019||$1700 CAD|
|07.07.2019 to 14.07.2019||$1700 CAD|
|14.07.2019 to 21.07.2019||$1700 CAD|
|04.08.2019 to 11.08.2019||$1700 CAD||guaranteed|
Single room supplement: $139.00 CAD
Single tent supplement: $150.00 CAD
All prices are in Canadian dollars plus 5% GST.
- During the hike you have to carry your own luggage/backpack. We don’t provide porter service.
- Please make sure before you start your trip, that you have all required documentations, such as valid passport and visas to travel within the USA. Yukon Wide Adventures is not responsible in the case that you are refused entry into the USA.
- All old remains and artefactes on the trail are protected by Parks Canada and the American and Canadian Gouvernment. Don’t take any objects as a souvenir !!!