Log Cabin at Big Salmon Lake - Otter Island
Relax a couple of days at a nice and cozy cabin, away from Whitehorse and enjoy the simple life in a log cabin. We can offer you two fully eqquiped log cabins.
The log cabins at Big Salmon Lake are located on a remote island – Otter Island. On this small Island are two cabins (up to 6 people can sleep there) and a Sauna-Cabin, which are always rented out to one party. It doesn’t matter with how many people stay, you always have the entire island for yourself. You will find a spectacular treed mountain area at Big Salmon Lake with some good hiking opportunities. A canoe and a rowboat are waiting for you to make a trip on the lake. You have one of the best fishing spots right next to your door step.
In summer time you can reach Otter Island with a water plane or with a shuttle by car to Quiet Lake and further down with a canoe. In the winter you need a snowmobile or you fly out with a ski plane.
Price per week for 2 people: $ 962,50 CAD
Price per week for each additional person: $ 115 CAD
Service included in rental:
Main Log Cabin: 6,0 x 4,2 m
- Fully equipt kitchen with propane stove
- Dinette with table and chairs
- Living area with coach and beautiful view over the lake
- 4 sleeping places in the loft
- Wood stove, Propane and Petroleum Lights
- Outhouse, Sauna and Shower (only in summer)
- 12 Volt connection over solar power available
Small Log Cabin: 3,4 x 2,6 m
- Bunk bed for 2 people
- Chest of drawers for clothes
- Table and chairs
- Wood Stove
- Petroleum Lights
Dinner Sets, Cutlery Sets, Pots & Pans, Dish Soap, Dish Rag, Bed Sheet, Pillow and Pillow Case, Propane, Petroleum, Axe, Saw, Fire Wood, Fire Pit, Table and Chairs for outside
The usage of the canoe and row boat on the island are included in the renting price.
How to get there:
There are different options to get to Otter Island:
1. Fly-in from Whitehorse to Otter Island with a water plane.
2. Transportation by vehicle to Quiet Lake and paddle with a canoe to Otter Island.
3. Transportation to South Canol Road and hike approx. 15km (3-4 hours) to the Lake. Your lagguage will be driven up with an ATV. At the Lake we ferrie to the Island with a rowboat.
Log Cabin at Pilot Mountain
Our cozy log cabin is located 20 km outside of Whitehorse on the foot hills of Pilot Mountain. Just a couple steps away you reach a viewpoint where you can sit and enjoy the amazing panorama over the Whitehorse and Ibex Valley.
Very good hiking opportunities on remote trails are right behind your cabin. The Takhini Hotsprings which invite you for a nice and relaxed bath and the Yukon Wildlife Preserve are just a couple minutes down the road.
Enjoy a couple of days in our log cabin, before or after your trip and explore the other surroundings of Whitehorse. We are happy to give you some tips !
Price per night for 1 to 3 people: $125 CAD
Price per week for 1 to 3 people: $750 CAD
Service included in rental:
Log Cabin for 2 to 3 people 3,2 x 4,6 m
- Fully equipt kitchenette with fridge including freezing compartment
- Double cooking plate
- Table with chairs
- Wardrobe and shelf for clothes
- Queen size bed for 2 people and single bunk bed on top
- Showers at the main lodge
- Propan Heater
- 110 Volt Electricity
- Wireless Internet upon request
Dinner Sets, Cutlery Sets, Pots & Pans, Dish Soap, Dish Rag, Bed Sheet, Comforter in Duvet Cover, Pillow and Pillow Case, Propane, Petroleum, Axe, Saw, Fire Wood, Fire Pit for Barbeque.
All prices are in Canadian Dollars plus 5% GST.